New Census Bureau 2010-2014 ACS 5-Year and 2014 ACS 1-Year Estimates Released
The U.S. Census Bureau has released its 2010-2014 American Community Survey (ACS) 5-Year Estimates which include demographic data for all municipalities in the nation. The 2010-2014 ACS includes municipal level estimates for various topics including income, educational attainment, housing and transportation. Highlights include:
- At $168,611, Mountain Lakes has the fifth highest median household income of all municipalities in the state.
- Harding is one of 12 municipalities in New Jersey with a median housing value over $1,000,000 (the maximum value reported).
The Census Bureau also recently released the 2014 ACS 1-Year Estimates, which cover the same topics as the 5-Year Estimates, but only for geographic areas with a population of 65,000 or more. Highlights include:
- Morris County has the second highest median household income of all counties in New Jersey ($100,579) and the 8th highest median household income in the nation.
- At $434,700, Morris County has the highest median housing value among all counties in New Jersey.
- Morris County ranked second of New Jersey counties for the percentage of its population over age 25 with a bachelor’s degree or higher at 53.0%.
Updates for this data have been posted to the Data and Statistics page.
2015 Open Space Awards
The Open Space Trust Fund Committee presented their recommendations to the Board of Chosen Freeholders on November 9. The Freeholders approved these recommendations during the Freeholders Public Meeting on November 23. View the recommendations.
The Morris County Planning Board is co-sponsoring a webinar series: Soils, BMPs and Redevelopment.
On September 25 and October 30, 2015, the Morris County Planning Board, in association with the NJ-AWRA co-sponsored a two-part webinar series focused on Soils Health, and related Best Management Practices, Planning, Development and Redevelopment issues. The webinars were recorded and are available at: http://nsawra.onefireplace.org/Soil_Health Presentations and relevant links are also available on the website. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
New Construction Residential Sales - 2014 Summary Update
The Morris County Department of Planning and Public Works has prepared an update to its 2010 New Construction Residential Sales report based on the latest data for 2014. The report details sales of newly constructed for-sale residential units by price, type, size and location in Morris County. The report also identifies new residential rental approvals.
The report may be downloaded here.